Chief Executive Social Enterprise Academy Africa
This is a unique opportunity to support social entrepreneurship and social impact on a continental level.
We are looking for an exceptional, compassionate, entrepreneurial and dynamic, leader to drive our growth and strategic direction, positioning SEA Africa as a key player in the pan African social enterprise space.
You will be joining an innovative and entrepreneurial organisation at a very exciting time. SEA Africa started in 2012 and is registered as a Non-Profit Organisation and Public Benefit Organisation. It is now ready to embark on its next stage of growth.
You will be leading it through this next phase, representing the chance to bring about systemic impact. This new role will help drive forward and champion our work primarily in South Africa but with impact across Africa
- Build the sustainability of our Hubs, initially prioritising South Africa, driving forward an ambitious income generation and funding strategy.
- Forge strategic partnerships and relationships with governments, NGO, social enterprises, funders, investors and corporates to help underpin our work across Africa.
- Lead an excellent staff team and work with a dynamic Board and International colleagues to transform communities, organisations, for-purpose ecosystems and local economies across Africa.
How to apply:
Closing date: 26 April 2021
To apply, please send the following documents to email@example.com
- Your C.V, of not more than two A4 pages and
- A one page covering letter outlining:
- The reason you are excited about this post and
- The culture you would like to create in the South Africa Hub and how you will go about doing that
The selection process is a 2 Stage process
Stage 1: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an initial brief interview by video or telephone on the 29th of April
Stage 2: Selected candidates will be invited to a final stage that will involve a full presentation to staff and Board of SEA South Africa and SEA Africa, followed by a panel interview. The presentations are likely to take place on the 3rd of May
If you have any other questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Enterprise Academy learning is facilitated by practitioners in the field of social enterprise and social impact.
If you are a local social and/or impact entrepreneur, and interested in joining our growing network of Associate Facilitators in South Africa, we'd like to hear from you!
Please get in touch for an informal discussion about how to get involved.