We provide powerful learning and development for people and organisations so that they can increase their social impact and ensure financial sustainability.
Our leadership, enterprise and social impact programmes are practical, but also transformational. They can also lead to internationally recognised qualifications.
About Learning & Development
We believe that people learn best by using real life experiences and mutual support that bring theories and ideas to life. Our specialist facilitators understand the social economy, have faced similar challenges and are passionate about supporting others to create social change.
- Lively, challenging and safe learning environments
- Learners take the lead role in their development, supported by a specialist tutor
- We make sure the right people are in the room so that they can learn from each other and provide mutual support
About the Organisation
- Eleven year track record with experience of social enterprise development in Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia
- Over 8000 learners and 1700 organisations have experienced Academy programmes since 2004
- Now working with local partners to adapt and develop programmes in South Africa
- A charity/NPO and social enterprise registered in Scotland and South Africa
The Social Enterprise Academy Africa is registered as a Non-Profit Company in the Republic of South Africa
Registration No: 2012 / 175638 / 08 NPO number: 158-170 NPO
Qualifications & Quality Management
The quality of our programmes and qualifications is of immense importance to us and is driven by our key principle of putting learners first.
- Learning programmes are accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
- Dedicated Quality Manager to oversee programme assurance
Who We Work With
We work with people and organisations creating social change including:
- Social enterprises
- Impact enterprises
- Non-profit organisations
- Fair trade companies
- Employee owned businesses
- Community organisations