These individual sessions provide an opportunity for senior managers and board members to work together to develop an entrepreneurial mind-set and approach that will support your vision, mission and values.
6.30pm - 9.30pm
Effective leadership and direction from a Board is central to the growth and stability of every third sector organisation. With the increasing challenges that organisations face securing funding and grants, it is critical that Boards lead their organisations in an enterprising and innovative way.
These Sessions Will:
- Explore what we mean by an ‘entrepreneurial mind-set’
- Identify your key strengths and your areas for development as a Board
- Focus on specific leadership topics that you identify as important for your organisation
- Build on your confidence and capacity to take up the role of ‘active stewardship’ for the organisation
- Explore the relationship between your staff team and the board to maximise its effectiveness
The sessions will run from February to April 2016.
There is an application process and all applicants are required to attend an introductory information evening on Tuesday 26 January.
Introductory Information Evening
If you wish to apply to attend the leadership development sessions then a Senior Manager, the Chair of the Board and one other Board member will need to attend this introductory evening.
The programme is fully funded by West Lothian Council and the Scottish Government. A buffet dinner will be provided.
This introductory event is for senior managers, board members and trustees of enterprising third sector organisations based in West Lothian.
Following the Introduction session, there will be an application process, enabling eight organisations to have two sessions (each up to 3x hours) that bring together the entire Board and their senior staff members.