This simple yet in-depth programme offers you the opportunity to acquire knowledge and understanding of the ideas and principles that gear enterprise towards creating profit, social development or environmental conservation.
8.30am - 4.30pm
Social enterprise is an emerging field which unleashes the passion and creativity of entrepreneurs allowing them to use management principles and dynamic business models to solve some of society’s toughest problems.
I had a very limited understanding of the potential for charities to generate their own income. I didn’t understand what the boundaries were legally and how they could strive for sustainability. This has all changed for me and opened my eyes.
Previous Learner 2016
This programme is ideal for individuals and organizations who want to start and grow a social enterprise or would like to explore how their business benefits society.
On this programme you will
- Learn innovative solutions to social problems whilst maintaining the balance between profit and social development
- Learn how to manage and sustain growth for your social enterprise
- Identify and distinguish social enterprises from other organizations
- Be introduced to the different legal structures and considerations required to launch a social enterprise
- Engage with other social entrepreneurs to identify partnerships, support and available resources
- Be exposed to exciting social enterprises around the world
Please note that the cost has been subsidised with funding from The Scottish Government.
The Social Enterprise Academy delivers learning and development programmes focused on leadership, entrepreneurship and social impact measurement for people working for social change.