On this programme, you will develop the confidence to solve problems and step up to the leadership challenge of managing successful courageous conversations.
11, 12 September & 11 October 2018
10am - 4pm
0131 243 26 97
A courageous conversation is a way of dealing with differences of opinion or conflict, and engaging effectively in dialogue with others.
It is a discussion between two or more people where the stakes are high, opinions vary and emotions run strong.
When you are in a situation like this there are three options: you could avoid it, you could face it and handle the discussion poorly or you can face it and handle the discussion well.
On this programme you will:
- Understand your default reaction to challenging conversations
- Be able to use a simple model for engaging in dialogue
- Understand the principles for structuring a safe environment for dialogue
- Practice skills for courageous conversations including listening and offering feedback
- Work on developing confidence to face a courageous conversation
- Apply what you learn to your own situation
This programme is for third sector staff, volunteers or directors.
It is ideal for people looking to develop skills and confidence in holding difficult conversations. It is appropriate as ‘stand alone’ personal development or a follow up to previous leadership or management learning.