Help students to run their own business and support their communities!
A social enterprise is a dynamic business with a social purpose that reinvests its profits in the community, just like The Big Issue or Divine Chocolate.
What is Social Enterprise in Education?
Social Enterprise in Education gives students hands-on experience of running a business.
By building on strengths and confidence, it also develops students as responsible citizens with more understanding of social justice and community.
- Student-led and linked to Curriculum for Excellence
- Real-life learning suitable for any age and ability
- Engages, builds skills and addresses wider achievement
What does social enterprise look like in education settings?
- Connected to the community with clear social and/or environmental aims
- Entrepreneurial with a clear trading activity
- Led by young people with the support of educators and parents
- Dynamic and able to make a positive and responsive change to people's lives
What support is there?
We're here to help at every step with resources, advice and specialist support provided by our Education Co-ordinators in Southern & Central Scotland and the Highlands & Islands.
Quality and Impact
All of the work we do in education settings is regularly reviewed to ensure that resources and support are meeting the needs of students and educators.
We also commission independent, external evaluations to continually improve our programmes.