Quality and Qualifications Manager
£36,175 | Part time (21 hours per week) | Hybrid: working from home, remotely and from the Edinburgh office | Includes a company pension, 35 days annual leave, an employee assistance programme and learning and development opportunities
About the role
Join us as our new Quality and Qualification Manager and be part of our Global Learning Lab, which catalyses innovative, high quality, accredited programmes through our global community of associate facilitators, staff and partners.
The Social Enterprise Academy helps thousands of people to develop themselves and their organisations so that they can change the world for the better.
Through dynamic learning and development programmes, facilitated by our network of skilled learning facilitators, we help entrepreneurship and leadership to flourish in organisations, networks, schools and colleges. We work with social entrepreneurs, chief executives, frontline teams, young people in and out of education and many others to support anyone contributing to social change.
Many of our programmes are accredited, ensuring learners can gain formal qualifications as recognition for their learning. Assessments focus on learning from work-based situations, helping learners to apply what they learn during their programme and beyond.
The Quality and Qualifications Manager role is crucial to the Global Learning Lab, ensuring we maintain our quality assurance standards, manage relationships with our awarding bodies and continue to expand the Academy’s offering of credit rated programmes.
Having the right mind-set, attitude and approach is as important for us as having the right experience and skills. We appreciate that the best person might not have all the listed criteria yet so if you feel your experience and skills will help you to make a great contribution in this role and you have the right mind-set, we would welcome an application from you.
To lead, drive and have organisation-wide accountability for the maintenance of our learning programme quality standards and for the initial and ongoing achievement of qualification awarding partner accreditation requirements.
The post holder supports the Academy’s sales and growth objectives by overseeing the establishment of robust quality processes and associated evidence.
- Ensure that appropriate quality assurance frameworks, standards, systems and processes are in place and implemented effectively.
- Ensure that staff and external delivery colleagues are appropriately trained and supported to comply with quality assurance and accreditation requirements.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance on credit rating and accreditation matters relating to the development of new programme content.
- Provide subject expertise and up-to-date awareness of policy developments relating to UK and International accreditation systems and opportunities.
- Take ownership of strategic and operational relationships with the Academy’s key accreditation partners globally.
- Act as the named internal verifier, liaising with programme designers, facilitators, learning coordinators, markers and learners to undertake all relevant duties including sampling activities, answering queries relating to assessment processes and criteria, maintaining up-to-date records of internal quality assurance activity, monitoring and supporting the work of assessors, facilitating relevant CPD and ensuring any actions required by accrediting bodies are undertaken.
- Lead on the identification of appropriate international accreditation processes and procedures to support international accreditation and qualifications (in consultation with colleagues and Hubs).
- Complete our application form and equality and diversity monitoring form
- Send your application form, CV and equality and diversity monitoring form in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1pm Monday 20 February 2023
- Please note that interviews will be held 02 March 2023 via Zoom
More information available at: https://www.socialenterprise.academy/scot/join-the-team
If you have any questions or if you would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments for the application or interview process e.g. application form in a different format or extra interview time please get in touch:
Lanagh Taylor | 0131 243 2670 | email@example.com
Life at the Academy
We are a friendly bunch, split across two offices in central Edinburgh and Inverness. We are proud of our caring and collaborative atmosphere in both of our offices; so if you are looking for fun, supportive colleagues who both motivate and challenge each other, we would love to hear from you!
Can’t imagine ever working anywhere else – David Bryan, Highlands and Islands Hub Manager
I had high standards about what the ideal workplace should be but the Academy is way beyond my expectations, thanks to you and the rest of this amazing team - Elsa Vibert, Southern Scotland Learning Administrator
We enable a culture of life-long learning; personal growth and critical thinking.
We experiment and stay curious, creating connections to seize opportunities around a shared excitement for what could be possible.
We lead by example with honesty and transparency.
We trust and respect the skills, specialism and contribution of everyone we work with.
We create safe spaces for demonstrating empathy, humility, compassion, playfulness and care, and we appreciate each other’s skills, contributions and successes.
Flexible working and enhanced holiday – 25 + 10 public holidays
Up to 8% Employer contribution to Pension
Enhanced maternity leave and child care vouchers scheme
Central location beside other third sector organisations
Life assurance and an employee assistance programme
L + D opportunities and a monthly reading hour
The Social Side
Team building treats
Everything from mindfulness sessions to walking tours of the city
Taking time for lunchtime trips galleries, supporting culture in Scotland plus our annual fringe night out
Academy BYO Lunches
You can be sure Jan will bake a sweet treat!
Be a Birthday VIP
A cake, a card and the Academy choir’s rendition of Happy Birthday
The Christmas party
Scavenger hunts, caption competitions, dinner and drinks to celebrate our year
Did someone say Dishoom?
Last but not least... we are occasionally partial to a Breakfast Naan pick me up