Permanent | Part time (21 hours per week) | £20,000 Pro rata plus company benefits | Based in Edinburgh City Centre
We are looking for a customer focused, friendly, helpful and well-organised person to support our Finance Manager in providing accurate and timely financial information to colleagues, customers and stakeholders. You will be joining the Academy at an exciting time as we develop as a social franchise and expand delivery of our programmes internationally. We are looking for someone up for working with vibrant, entrepreneurial and dedicated people and colleagues and with a good value-fit with our organisation.
- To safeguard and support the financial health and integrity of the Academy by providing effective financial data and support to our Scottish and International businesses
- To manage and build relationships with critical regulatory bodies, external suppliers, organisations, customers and suppliers.
Safeguarding the financial health of the academy
- Manage the Academy’s financial systems, procedures and processes dealing with all items of income and expenditure, of both a revenue and capital nature, ensuring a high level of accuracy and integrity
- Help secure the company’s cash flow position, by managing the sales invoice process promptly and accurately; dealing with aged debtors on a regular basis
- Continuously develop and improve the Academy’s financial processes, controls and financial reporting mechanisms
- Authorise and manage the Academy’s payroll processes ensuring staff are paid accurately, on time and in accordance with all revenue and regulatory provisions
- Prepare all financial evidence and claims for any Funders, dealing with a high level of complexity and rigorous guidelines and protocols
- Support Hub Managers, Senior Leaders and Directors to effectively manage the business, by creating and preparing monthly financial reports and analysis ensuring a high level of confidentiality
- Prepare financial reports for the regular Finance Sub Committee, Business Development Sub Committee and Board meetings
- Create and provide reports, financial data and analysis for the Finance Manager
- Generally manage the day to day banking and reconciliation for the Academy and ensure that all internal controls are adhered to
- Mentor and provide guidance, support and training on financial processes and procedures as well as compliance to our Highland and Islands office; our international hubs and any new Academy staff
- Support and provide guidance to colleagues to help them understand and interpret financial data and reports
- Build relationships and negotiate with suppliers to ensure the Academy is getting value for money
- Be the main point of contact for the Academy’s banking and financial providers including Triodos Bank
- Deal diplomatically and negotiate with outstanding and difficult debtors to ensure that the Academy maintains a healthy cash flow position
- Liaise with and provide support to the auditor and the audit process
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Provide a covering letter
- Send your application form and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Thursday, 24 September 2020
- Please note that interviews will take place on Tuesday, 06 October 2020
If you have any questions please contact:
Karen Veitch | 0131 243 2670 | email@example.com
Please keep an eye on our social media channels for recruitment updates.
Life at the Academy
We are a friendly bunch, split across two offices in central Edinburgh and Inverness. We are proud of our caring and collaborative atmosphere in both of our offices; so if you are looking for fun, supportive colleagues who both motivate and challenge each other, we would love to hear from you!
Can’t imagine ever working anywhere else – David Bryan, Highlands and Islands Hub Manager
I had high standards about what the ideal workplace should be but the Academy is way beyond my expectations, thanks to you and the rest of this amazing team - Elsa Vibert, Southern Scotland Learning Administrator
We enable a culture of life-long learning; personal growth and critical thinking.
We experiment and stay curious, creating connections to seize opportunities around a shared excitement for what could be possible.
We lead by example with honesty and transparency.
We trust and respect the skills, specialism and contribution of everyone we work with.
We create safe spaces for demonstrating empathy, humility, compassion, playfulness and care, and we appreciate each other’s skills, contributions and successes.
Flexible working and enhanced holiday – 25 + 10 public holidays
Up to 8% Employer contribution to Pension
Enhanced maternity leave and child care vouchers scheme
Central location beside other third sector organisations
Life assurance and an employee assistance programme
L + D opportunities and a monthly reading hour
The Social Side
Team building treats
Everything from mindfulness sessions to walking tours of the city
Taking time for lunchtime trips galleries, supporting culture in Scotland plus our annual fringe night out
Academy BYO Lunches
You can be sure Jan will bake a sweet treat!
Be a Birthday VIP
A cake, a card and the Academy choir’s rendition of Happy Birthday
The Christmas party
Scavenger hunts, caption competitions, dinner and drinks to celebrate our year
Did someone say Dishoom?
Last but not least... we are occasionally partial to a Breakfast Naan pick me up