Gain nationally recognised qualifications from the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) on our programmes
They focus on the real-world challenges that you face, not just theories, asking you to apply what you learn to make a positive difference in your job.
Learning Through Work
ILM recognises that everyone has different experience, skills and roles so it's your insight from these that's assessed rather than academic knowledge alone.
Assessments focus on learning from work-based situations. Learners find that this is a highly valuable because it provides deeper understanding and practical application of learning during their programme and beyond.
- More people choose ILM leadership and management qualifications than any other UK awarding body
- It offers internationally recognised qualifications matched to local frameworks (like SCQF)
- Over 750,000 people have taken ILM qualifications in the past 10 years
- Employers say 93% of managers perform better after an ILM qualification
- Students are given free ILM membership and access to resources
- The Social Enterprise Academy is one of the largest ILM centres
Accredited by ILM at degree-level:
- Award in Leadership (Around 6 months to complete)
- Certificate in Leadership (Around 12 months to complete)
- Understanding Social Enterprise (Around 3 months to complete)
Endorsed by ILM but without a specific level:
- Peer-Led Learning Exchange
- Starting Your Social Enterprise
- Developing Your Social Enterprise
- Social Accounting and Audit
- Social Return on Investment