Social Enterprise Masterclass is a one-week programme for senior phase pupils of Dingwall Academy. Based at the Sunflower Café and in partnership with social enterprises New Start Highland and ReBoot, you will work with others to explore how social enterprise can be used to make your community a better place to be.
Starting 24th June 2019
9am - 3.30pm
Fully Funded - No Cost
Social enterprises are businesses that trade for a social purpose. They make a profit, but use this to improve communities or the environment.
During this prorgamme you will:
- Understand your own strengths and develop skills that are valued by employers
- Gain a practical and in-depth understanding of social enterprise
- Become confident in leadership and teamwork through developing social enterprise ventures
- Enjoy ‘hands-on’ visits to social enterprises New Start Highland and ReBoot
- Have the opportunity to gain a City & Guilds qualification
This programme has been fully funded by the Corriemoillie Windfarm Community Benefit fund and the Scottish Government.
Who is it for?
This programme is designed for senior phase pupils, looking to gain new skills and experience in a supportive and friendly working environment. No previous knowledge of social enterprise is required.
This programme can lead to a SCQF Level 5 Developing Effective Team Member Skills awarded by the City and Guilds Group through the ILM. The ILM are part of the wider City and Guilds Group