Social Enterprise in Schools will involve students, teachers, local entrepreneurs and community leaders working together to make a positive social impact
What students will do
Students will create and manage a dynamic business with a social purpose that reinvests its profits in the community.
Their social enterprises will be:
- Connected to the community with clear social and/or environmental aims that they have identified themselves
- Entrepreneurial with a clear trading activity that reinvests their profits
- Led by young people with the support of educators and parents
- Dynamic and able to make a positive and responsive change to people's lives
Support for teachers
We're here to help at every step with resources, advice and specialist support including:
- A one-day Understanding Social Enterprise professional learning workshop with a Social Enterprise Academy facilitator
- Ongoing classroom support from your facilitator to help you with planning, developing and implementing your enterprise
- Opportunities to access support, advice and expertise from the local community
Involving the Community
We are seeking local entrepreneurs and community leaders to become accredited Social Enterprise Academy facilitators.