The Social Enterprise Academy is managed by the Australian Centre for Rural Entrepreneurship (ACRE) in Australia
ACRE and the Social Enterprise Academy in Scotland are working together to Social Enterprise in Education, an internationally-recognised learning program for young people and are now launching programs for adults in Victoria
About the Australian Centre for Rural Entrepreneurship (ACRE)
ACRE is dedicated to creating entrepreneurship opportunities in rural areas so that they thrive and are a vital part of Australia's economy.
Through incubating and accelerating great ideas that rejuvenate and sustain rural communities, our aim is to make entrepreneurship education accessible to all young people (10-28 years) living in rural Australia.
- Create pathways that value entrepreneurial talent in the same way we already value talented young artists, scholars and athletes
- Provide education, mentoring and direct support to accelerate good ideas in rural communities
- Play a catalytic role in developing an entrepreneurial ecosystem and culture – from job seeker to job creator
- Demonstrate the role social enterprise can play in rejuvenating rural communities
- Be a voice for rural young people
About the Social Enterprise Academy
The Social Enterprise Academy provides learning and development for individuals, organisations and young people interested in social enterprise and leadership.
We have been delivering adult programs in Scotland since 2004, Social Enterprise in Education programs since 2008, and international programs since 2011.
Our practical learning programs open up the ideas, skills and creativity needed for entrepreneurship and can also lead to internationally recognised qualifications. We use a proven approach that inspires and engages learners of all ages, bringing out their talent and strengths.
A society which combines economic activity with community benefit, led by dynamic social entrepreneurs wherever we may find them.
To contribute to this change through learning and development.