How can you focus on your own 'inner development' ?
During Global Goals Week, why not take 10 minutes out to reflect on your own inner development?
AVPN Conference 2022: A Celebration
The Social Enterprise Academy was an impact partner at this year's AVPN conference.
ASEAN Social Enterprises Development Programme: A celebration
The ASEAN Social Enterprise Development Programme helped young social entrepreneurs from across South East Asian drive positive change within their communities.
Project VISION: A Celebration
The VISION (Virtual Impact Storytelling In Our Network) project supported young people in Malaysia and Scotland to develop ideas in response to global climate challenges.
AVPN - Community of Practice Building: A Celebration
The AVPN Community of Practice Building Programme provided support to women-led enterprises across Asia whilst they recovered from the COVID-19 pandemic
What Critical Qualities Do Leaders Need in this VUCA World?
COVID-19 definitely meets the definition of a VUCA environment; Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous.
How does the VUCA leadership model (developed originally by the US Army in response to the Gulf War) offer insights on what we need to draw on as people and as leaders in this current crisis?
Inner Gold: A blog series from Paralympic champion Karen Darke
How does a Paralympic champion overcome challenges? Karen shares this mind and soul supporting blog series to help us transcend difficult moments, and connect us with some of the ‘inner gold’ we all have inside.
Covid-19 Response: Learn, Un-Learn, Re-Learn
The importance of learning and adaptability could not be truer right now. As we try to navigate through uncertainty and upheaval, life is offering us the perfect classroom, with so many opportunities to innovate, learn and grow on a daily basis– both individually and as organisations.
Over the past month, the Academy has been on its own learning, un-learning and re-learning journey…
New support for social enterprise leaders in Lancashire
Impact Link: Social enterprises in India, Pakistan & China
Emerging social enterprises in India, Pakistan and China are receiving a world-class package of support to help increase business resilience and sustainability.
Is Social Enterprise the New Face of Business?
SEA Africa Manager, Rachael Millson, looks at why a focus on a single bottom line (i.e. only profit) is no longer enough.
India & Scotland: Making the most of global connections
Sam Baumber tracks an example of real results from relationships built at the 2017 GSEN conference
Social Enterprises Need Entrepreneurial Boards
Governance is generally filed under "boring but important". Boards should be exciting AND important. Sadly this not commonly the case.
The 'Forever Projects': Learning from community ownership
Highlands & Islands Hub Manager, David Bryan, reflects on the inspirational story of North Assynt, as well as the opportunities and challenges of community land buyouts.
1. Ensure the set up and delivery of our learning programmes are fully inclusive and accessible, stress testing them through an anti-racism and discrimination lens
2. Ensure the content, theories and models used in our programmes reflect a wider range of culturally diverse global thinkers.
3. Actively support the feature equity diversity and inclusion as a topic on our leadership programmes, supporting our facilitators to deliver this.
4. Ensure our recruitment and facilitator selection processes operate in a way that attracts and provides opportunities for more people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
5. Robustly monitor the demographics of our learners to ensure we are attracting learners that are more culturally representative of the communities we serve.
6. Provide ongoing support for staff and facilitators during our EDI journey, in particular to those who might come from diverse backgrounds.
7. Support all facilitators, staff and board members with their ongoing learning and development around equity, diversity and inclusion.
8. Engage with and learn from individuals and organisations locally and globally tackling systemic racism and injustice.
9. Share learning from the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion working group internally and with other organisations.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion updates
Do you want to empower the next generation of social entrepreneurs in England?
Become a Social Enterprise School
If you are from a school or local authority in England, and are interested in hearing more about Social Enterprise Schools, we would love to hear from you.
Become a facilitator
We are always looking to grow our talented pool of associate facilitators. If you have experience of tackling social problems and get excited by working with young people, then contact the team.
Become a partner
We are fortunate to work with a number of brilliant partners. As we grow across England, we are keen to further build our partner network. If you would like to hear more, please contact the team.
Latest news from Social Enterprise Schools England
Richmond Pupils Impress at Social Enterprise Dragons’ Den Competition
Primary Year 6 pupils at St. Richard’s CE Primary School in Richmond pitched their impressive social enterprise ideas to an expert panel at the Social Enterprise Schools Dragons’ Den competition.
Get in touch
Explore Social Enterprise Schools pilot programme opportunities in England
Matt Nicol, Social Enterprise Schools Lead (England) |
Thank you to our partners who have made Social Enterprise Schools in England possible so far: