This programme is a unique opportunity to explore and develop your participatory facilitation skills alongside Malaysian social entrepreneurs and changemakers.
Starting 23 August 2017
8.30am - 5pm
+60 (3) 7731 7134
3,500 Early bird discount
Throughout this 4-day programme, you will build on and share your own experience of facilitation whilst making connections with others and exploring social change.
You will examine the tools and techniques being used across the world by facilitators enabling transformational learning to support you in creating positive change in your organisation.
This programme will support you to:
- Share and build on your experience as a facilitator using participatory and non-directive techniques
- Develop and employ learning methods that will help identify and cater to the needs of learners at all levels
- Deepen your understanding of models of learning and facilitation
- Work towards an Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Endorsed Award
- Connect with peers who are facilitating transformational learning that supports leaders at all levels
- Learn about social entrepreneurship and learning and development as a tool for creating social change in Malaysia
This programme is for both potential Social Enterprise Academy Tutors and also other facilitators keen to share experience and gain a better understanding of facilitating learning for individuals, organisations and communities.
On completion of this programme you are eligible for recognition by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM):
1. ILM Development Programme if you attend all four days.
2. ILM Endorsed Award if you also complete additional elements including observation, co-delivery and an assessment.
The ILM is a worldwide network of over 2,000 accredited centres providing flexible, practical, quality assured management development programmes.
Wednesday 23 August 2017: Connecting: ethos, purpose and methodology
Thursday 24 August 2017: Exploring: reflective practice, facilitation and learning
Measuring Social Impact
Friday 25 August 2017
Monday 28 August 2017
Tuesday 29 August 2017
Wednesday 30 August 2017
Thursday 31 August: Reflection, practice and feedback
Please note: Endorsed Award progression to be arranged individually on completion of the 4 day programme
Jay Lamb has over 28 years of experience in educational settings, initially working as an outdoor activity instructor, then Environmental Educator, Community Educator, Social Enterprise Advisor and Tutor with the Academy. A social entrepreneur, Jay co-founded Re-Union Canal Boats in 2004.
Juara Baharuddin is a co-founder of neOOne Associates Sdn Bhd, a human potential solutions provider. His experience in implementing a coaching culture in organisations includes work with Lafarge Cement, Dutch Lady, SME Bank, Bank Rakyat, BSN, MBO, Selangor Tither Agency and MNSP.
Social Enterprise Academy
The Social Enterprise Academy was established in 2004 to further the emerging concept of social enterprise through training and personal development.
It operates a network of Hubs and local Tutors in multiple countries including Australia, South Africa and Pakistan.
Neoone provides creative highly customised training and coaching solutions.
Their mission is to provide the highest quality learning and development for social enterprise in Malaysia.